Community

The Story of How I became a Young Leader in Preventing Infant and Maternal Deaths in My Community. Curious Minds envisions a world where all children and youth are empowered to freely and actively contribute to issues concerning them, in an environment that ensures that their...

This International Literacy Day, Dan Winch shares his experience volunteering at a school that ensures poverty does not prevent children from receiving a quality education. Johannesburg. For many Westerners, the name is synonymous with danger. This is a justly deserved reputation, and not one that many South...

My Experiences as an International Citizen Service Volunteer in Burkina Faso During the summer of 2015 I spent 3 months volunteering for “Kabeela”, a non-profit organization based in Burkina Faso, West Africa. My volunteering placement was facilitated by ICS (International Citizen Service), a UK government funded...

Lessons from my Internship at the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh Grameen Bank was founded in 1983. However, its story began seven years earlier in 1976. Muhammad Yunus, then an economics Professor at the University of Chittagong, decided to experiment with the notion of extending small amounts...

My Experiences as an International Citizen Service Volunteer in Nigeria In 2014 I took part in International Citizen Service, a development programme that brings together young people from the UK and developing countries, to volunteer in some of the poorest communities in Africa, Asia and Latin...